2013-10-01

My Green October - Day 1

IMG_4729

IMG_4731

IMG_4732

Good morning wolflings!

Today I woke up to a sunny and actually quite warm autumn day, and I love it! I didn't sleep all that good tonight though so I'm really tired, but after my amazing breakfast I actually feel much better. So to start off my green and healthy month I made this yummy breakfast consisting of a green apple & spinach smoothie, seed crackers with cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes and a glass of water and apple cider vinegar. Yum! Doesn't the smoothie have like the coolest colours ever? It was a little tart, but I liked it anyway! The recipe for the smoothie I actually borrowed from the sweet A Beautiful Mess-blog and you can find the recipe in all over here. Basically it contains green apples, spinach, ice cubes, lime, fresh mint leaves, turkish yoghurt and some coconut milk, mixed into two different layers. And for the seed crackers I went with my mum's recipe (thanks mami! <3) which goes as follows:

Seed Crackers

2 dl linsseeds
1,5 dl sesame seeds
1 dl pumpkin seeds
1 dl roasted sunflower seeds
Water
Salt

Mix all the seeds and a little salt in a bowl and add water so that it covers the mixture. Put it in the fridge for about 6 hour or over the night so that the mixture becomes sticky. Turn the oven on and put it on 150 * C. Pour the mixture on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet and try to smooth it out evenly. Bake it in the middle of the oven with the oven door closed. After 1 hour you turn down the heat to 100 * C and bake it for 1 hour more, but open the oven door every 15 minutes to release the moist. Then turn off the heat and let the cracker cool off while the oven door is open. The cracker should be crisp and dry when you break it into pieces. Enjoy!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Mmm gott! Eget recept..?

Ulvadotter sa...

Ja! Har fått det av dig iaf :3 hihi